Company: MAHLE Industries, Inc
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Build your career in a fast-growing plant on the MAHLE Quality
Engineering team withresponsibility for supplier Advanced Product
Quality Planning (APQP)-you will plan and assure quality of
purchased parts by applying quality methods and tools.
This position is onsite in Murfreesboro, TN. Relocation assistance
will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads APQP process with suppliers
- Informs Project Development Team (PDT) of potential supplier
- Supports Project Buyer with supplier inquiries, selection and
- Conducts component reviews with suppliers (new suppliers/ new
components/ critical parts).
- Supports Quality function:
- Monitors supplier ramp-up (production parts).
- Coordinate corrective actions to supplier.
- Supplier PPAP.
- Supplier VDA 6.3 audits
- Process audit, run @ rate and review of PPAP report with
suppliers (for APQP level A & B)
- Supplier Development according to escalation process
- Development of supplier quality goal agreements to ensure that
improvements are established and maintained by supply base; track
performance to goal agreements
- Identify potential cost reduction activities/ideas at supply
base. Work with buyers to achieve successful implementation of cost
- 3+ years of related experience in automotive environment
- Regional (North America) and global travel, approximately
- Expert level correct action/problem solving ability
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and
- Strong understanding in the implementation requirements of
IATF-16949, AIAG procedures such as PPAP, FMEA, etc.
- Knowledge of logistics processes and a strong understanding of
component and product engineering
- Experience in performance system audits, IATF-16949 audits is a
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Quality or Engineering
- Permanent US work authorization
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, as business
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Strong corporate benefits including education reimbursement,
health insurance, 401k, 13 paid holidays and company shutdown
between Christmas and New Year's, 120 hours vacation
- Rapidly growing plant with advancement opportunities
- Hands on work within the plant
- Ability to work on multiple OEM projects with a variety of
- Stable work environment with a supportive team
Keywords: MAHLE Industries, Inc, Smyrna , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!