Entry Level Mechanical Engineer / Paint Process Engineer - Smyrna
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Kelly Services is actively seeking a Paint Process Engineer for Nissan at their Smyrna, TN location. This is a long term indefinite contract opportunity to join a great team!We are currently seeking a contract Paint Shop Process Engineer to work at Nissan in Smyrna, TN. We offer a competitive salary, a great benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with one of the worlds most innovative car makersGrow your career by joining Kelly Services Engineering Resources Team at Nissan North America.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Performs a variety of engineering work in planning and design of processes for manufacturing in a Paint Shop.
- Provides engineering planning and project management for new equipment and tooling specification development, scope of work, and implementation of facility modifications required for new model programs or strategic objectives to improve the total delivery costs of the vehicles.
- Performs studies as required for new model designs or technology changes for the painting operations.
- Provides engineering support required to develop and implement new materials including facility modifications; includes new paint colors or annual color program or technology changes.
- Involvement in cross functional work groups and problem solving teams. Support trials required for model changes, running design changes, part specification changes, process changes, and tooling and equipment changes
- Schedules and facilitates meetings to discuss production trial objectives, timelines, concerns, and progress status.
- Develop sealer and underbody coating audit sheets.
- Production aid evaluation and trials. Develop or modify production and delivery maps
- Assist with work station modifications. Assist with anti-corrosion activities. Assist with color match activities.
- Support manufacturing personnel on sash tape trials/issues. Collect/analyze data to support quality improvements on new models.REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but will consider other Engineering degrees
- Proficient in MSOffice applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. AutoCAD
- Problem solving skills to determine solutions to concerns based on data and internal plant KPIs and standards.
- Must have good understanding of root cause analysis, problem solving techniques and process control management for quality issue resolution
- Ability to multi-task and manage several ongoing activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and develop and maintain a working relationship with production, maintenance and quality.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good written and verbal communication skills. Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver's seat and apply today As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply on-line for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please email me at [Click Here to Email Your Resum--] Why Kelly -- ?At Kelly Services -- , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 --- companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly. About Kelly Services -- As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Smyrna , Entry Level Mechanical Engineer / Paint Process Engineer - Smyrna, Engineering , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!