Director of Sales
Company: Genuine Parts Company
Posted on: January 5, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting
company. The Director of Sales will take leadership of one or more
national accounts and be responsible for optimizing SPR's sales
growth and profitability with these customers. This positions
reports directly to Sr. Vice President of National Accountants.
Success in this role will require the Director to develop and
in-depth understanding of the customers' operational,
merchandising, and marketing strategies and processes while
building a close rapport with key contacts in all functional areas
the impact the wholesaler relationship. An equally important part
of the job is to develop and leverage strong working relationships
with all internal functions within SPR headquarters that touch the
customer. In addition to dealing with day-to-day account management
activities, the Director must be able to think strategically to
identify new growth opportunities and operational efficiencies to
strengthen our business partnership.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some key attributes that support success in this role are:
Strong analytical ability to spot issues, trends, and identify
- Ability to stay cool under pressure and think quickly on your
- Courage and Tenacity---ability to say " no" without alienating
- Ability to build rapport at all levels within the customer and
" wear well" over continued contact
- Ability to read people and situations
- Strong presentation skills (one-to-one and with larger
- History of responsiveness and urgency to customer requests
- Maturity and sense of humor
- Will to win---competitiveness
- EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least 5 years' experience in the field of Sales/Marketing
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or
- The employee is occasionally required to stand walk reach with
hands and arms and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires up to 40% of travel. WORK
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Smyrna , Director of Sales, Executive , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!