Research And Development Manager
Company: F&B Cosmetics
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Research and Development ManagerThe R&D Manager is
responsible for developing and executing new product development,
as well as identifying, developing, and executing improvements for
current products in a GMP manufacturing environment. The R&D
Manager will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to
deliver new products to our customers in the timeframe expected.
The R&D Manager also works with the Operations department to
ensure consistency in product quality.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, or
a related field
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in
- 2+ years of experience in GMP; cosmetics or similarly regulated
- Experience successfully negotiating with suppliers
- Proven experience managing/driving comprehensive
R&D-related projects from inception to completionTasks/
- Manage and develop the R&D process with the goal of meeting
or exceeding all deadlines and expectations.
- Develop new innovative products and existing product
- Conduct market research and evaluate similar products and their
- Monitor key product analytics to inform development priorities
and provide direction as to relevant customer segments to target
- Manage the new concept development and production scale up
- Accurately maintain R&D project records, proactively
providing status reports as required.
- Collaborate with Operations and other teams to achieve project
- Manage raw materials, including supplier relationships and
- Source new ingredients to aid in the innovation process.
- Create design projects and specification sheets.
- Manage and launch entire product development lifecycle and
- Identify and champion quality and process improvement
- Keep current with changes in technologies and regulations that
impact our business.
- Review critical data involving product and ingredient concerns
and resolve issues to support company business objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.Skills
- Experience managing Branded or Private Brand R & D or
Commercialization process and development.
- Strong time management, planning and analytical skills.
- Strong computer usage skills, including proficiency in the
Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, with
excellent client facing skills (external) and the ability to
communicate at all levels within the organization (internal).
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to learn our business, be a team player and enjoy
working in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills, interpersonal
skills, and analytical capabilities.
- Good general understanding of business and financial
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional
- Understands the need for confidentiality in sensitive employee
situations and in other business instances, when required.
- Adaptable, flexible, detail-oriented, creative, innovative
- Process focused
- Team oriented
- An organized problem solver, able to prioritize effectively in
a fast-paced environmentTools/Equipment
- pH meter
- Microsoft Office
Keywords: F&B Cosmetics, Smyrna , Research And Development Manager, Executive , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!