Quality Assurance Manager
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
- The Quality Assurance Manager will direct and oversee the
distribution center workflow to maintain quality standards,
implement process improvement, and meet the operational objectives
of the facility.
- The Quality Assurance Manager achieves warehouse objectives by
contributing information and initiating action plans for process
improvement in the areas of productivity, quality, safety, and
customer-service standards. Resolving problems, completing audits,
identifying trends and reporting corrective actions are within the
scope of a Quality Assurance Manager's role and responsibility.
- Essential Functions
- Enforce and follow all safety rules and regulations.
Immediately report safety deficiencies.
- Promote quality achievement and process improvement throughout
- Maintain ISO 9001 certification.
- Manage and maintain standard operating procedures, forms, and
documentation required with ISO 9001 certification.
- Manage Quality Assurance (QA) inspection and containment
processes for non-conforming product.
- Maintain supplier requirements manual and track vendor
- Supervise QA personnel, provide leadership and mentoring.
- Bring together Operation's and QA staff members and drive the
group to plan, formulate, and agree on comprehensive quality
- Use Root Cause analysis and RCCM (Root Cause Countermeasure)
techniques to lead root cause analysis investigations for quality
- Use continuous improvement techniques and initiatives to
improve current quality processes.
- Develop and maintain layered process audits to ensure quality
processes are being followed.
- Develop and maintain programs to assist in the training of new
- Develop labor standards and goals for Quality Assurance
- All employees will abide by the EH&S policy endorsed by the
local management, work toward achieving established objectives and
targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001
- Must be able to read, write, communicate and understand the
- Ability to lead and foster a team environment, utilizing
excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative shifts as
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office
applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both internal
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization in a
- Working knowledge of SAP/WMS and understand workflow processes
- Ability to handle the pressure of deadlines, coupled with
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The
employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms,
and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be exposed to heights up
to 30 feet. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme
cold including climates consistent with outside weather
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain logistics, or
related field equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards and
- A minimum of 5 years senior level experience in a multi-shift
- Advanced technical skills in logistics processes and methods to
include flow, cost efficiencies, engineered standards, equipment,
safety and quality.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Smyrna , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!