RN Full Time
Company: Amedisys Inc.
Posted on: July 29, 2022
What You Will Do
Provides, coordinates and directs the provision of home health
nursing services and case management processes according to the
assigned patient's individualized plan of care based on agency
policies and procedures, through the competent application of
- Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency in
discipline specific patient care skills, required by the care
center for the provision of patient care.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments and collaborates
with patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST, MSW, and
paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to
develop/modify and implement an individualized patient plan of care
as per physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge
planning and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
- Implements appropriate nursing clinical programs and
initiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides clinical episode management according to Amedisys'
processes including oversight of patient's individualized plan of
care and care plan changes as deemed necessary by patient's status
or physician's ordered care.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and nationally
recognized standards of practice to deliver high quality care and
achieve excellent patient specific outcomes.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's identified needs or documents rationale for not doing
- Promotes and maintains patient health and independence through
teaching and appropriate rehabilitative measures, assisting
patients in learning appropriate self-care techniques. Advocates
and ensures patient participation in care planning and goals of
- Supervises caseload including LPN's and Home Health Aides.
Facilitates care coordination with PRN staff when care is provided
- Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of
care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines,
including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications,
ABNs, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
communicating information (for example, changes in plan of care,
new orders, lab results, etc.) timely, effectively and
systematically with all team members providing care for the patient
including PT, OT, ST, MSW, paraprofessionals, physicians, family
members and community resources. Facilitates interdisciplinary
communication and follow up through care coordination on assigned
caseload for duration that patients are on service.
- Participates in Team/Case Conferences. Leads discussion on
multidisciplinary cases as appropriate.
- Maintains ongoing communication with clinical manager regarding
progress of patients for assigned caseload.
- Remains knowledgeable of organization's quality improvement
programs, participates in agency performance improvement
initiatives and incorporates into patient care planning as
- Demonstrates competency in skills for required patient care.
Initiates, plans and provides staff education, and performs
competency and skills validation for care team staff, such as
LPN's, HHA's and RN visit staff.
- Utilizes a combination of care center resources and recognizes
standards of practice to achieve positive clinical and training
- Utilizes accepted Amedisys teaching materials for clinician and
- Performs on-call responsibilities and on-call services to
patients/families as assigned.
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements
of third-party payers.
- Protects, honors, and respects patient and co-worker
confidentiality and right to privacy.
- Stays informed of industry knowledge and nursing best practice
- Participates in clinical development and continuing education
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work for
the company. a. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the
following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a
nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to
practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to
each state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally
reside in an NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state
- Current CPR certification.
- One (1 ) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
(RN). If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate
must be approved by VP Clinical.*
- Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for
communicating with individuals of all ages. Excellent interpersonal
skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations,
ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Reliable transportation and agency required liability
insurance. 8. Must be familiar with general use and functions of
the computer, such as, user names, password concepts, internet,
email, navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs,
using files, and windows, effective use of navigation buttons and
tool bars, ability to self-manage online HR services and online
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Inc., Smyrna , RN Full Time, Healthcare , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!