Wound Care Nurse
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Wound Care Nurse provides wound care services in accordance
with applicable federal, state, regulatory, and company standards
to ensure the delivery of quality patient care is rendered at all
times. The Plan of Care and physician orders are followed with
regard to wound care treatments. This position functions under the
direction of an RN or physician, demonstrating above average
communication skills, personal integrity, and works effectively
with patients, family members, physicians, staff, and outside
agencies as required. The position leads hospital wound education
efforts, as well as educates patients and family members on wounds
and wound care topics. While this position does not specifically
supervise clinical staff, as the leader of the wound care program
in the hospital this person does guide clinical team on wound care
treatment. This position requires continuous updating of education
and treatment techniques in the delivery of wound care.
Job Code: 100813
License or Certification:
- LPN license active in the state
- Certification in Wound Care and Management
- CPR certification required
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Continuous updating of wound care knowledge through seminars and
professional organizations is required.
- Minimum two years experience in wound care.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes participating in patient
mobility activities. Reasonable assistance may be requested when
lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and
- Ability to work shift(s) as assigned by management which may
include weekdays, weekends, evenings, night shifts, religious
and/or legal holidays.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Keywords: Encompass Health, Smyrna , Wound Care Nurse, Healthcare , Nolensville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!