Baylor Registered Nurse Weekends
Company: SunCrest Home Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The Registered Nurse in Home Health provides and directs
provisions of nursing care to patients in their homes as prescribed
by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, and agency policies. The Registered Nurse coordinates
total plan of care with other health care professionals involved in
care and helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care
by planning and exchanging information with physician, agency
personnel, patient, family, and community resources. All done
within a Point of Care setting.
1. Clinical Competence
- Initiates, develops, implements, and makes necessary revisions
to the plan of care in collaboration with the physician and other
health care professionals involved in care.
- Directly and/or indirectly supervises care provided by the home
health aides and licensed practical vocational nurses, provides
instruction as appropriate, and assigns tasks according to State
and federal regulations. Also provides required supervisory visits.
2. Documentation and Care Delivery
- Provides high quality clinical services within the scope of
practice and within infection control standards, in accordance with
the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the
health care team.
- Accurately and timely completes the comprehensive assessments
(OASIS) including medication reconciliation.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents patient visits per policy,
and payer requirements and syncs timely per LHC policy. 3. Quality
- Makes the initial and/or comprehensive nursing evaluation
visit, ensures patients meet home health eligibility and medical
necessity guidelines as defined by payer source, accurately
determines primary focus of care, develops the plan of care within
State specific guidelines with the physician, and submits accurate
- Communicates relevant information timely and effectively with
appropriate agency staff including but not limited to: any patient
care issues or needs, visit assignments, dates of scheduled visits,
and schedule changes to scheduler, orders and OASIS data sets,
coding requests, schedule home visits, to coordinate care with
other clinicians, Communicates timely and effectively with
physicians, patients, and family members to ensure quality care and
service excellence. 4. Professionalism (on time, completes
- Comes to work each day with a positive attitude, willing to
help the patient and agency in any way they can. Is open to
learning new skills.
- Is punctual for all meetings and actively participates in all
meetings including case conferences. This includes having a camera
on for video meetings. 5. Teamwork (on call, productivity)
- Takes direction from Clinical Director and Executive Director
professionally and completes tasks assigned timely, including
required learning. This includes all other duties as assigned.
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel and serves
as a preceptor to other staff and students. Actively participates
in the survey/survey readiness activities, performance improvement
plan including but not limited to: constantly works to reduce
unnecessary patient hospitalizations, improve patient safety, and
implements processes and best practices to ensure positive patient
- Participates in on-call rotation and weekend rotation as needed
to meet patient needs.
- Adheres to and participates in the agency's utilization
- Current RN licensure in state of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Current Drivers License, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation
Keywords: SunCrest Home Health, Smyrna , Baylor Registered Nurse Weekends, Healthcare , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!