Company: Saint Thomas, TN
Posted on: October 6, 2018
Job ID: 200585 Ultrasonographer Smyrna, Tennessee Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Ultrasonographer I City, State:-- Smyrna,TN Location:-- TN-Smyrna President Place Department:---- STHS Hrt Smyrna Additional Job Details:----FT Days Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM Job Description Why Saint Thomas Health and Saint Thomas Medical Partners? Saint Thomas Health is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve.
Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Saint Thomas Medical Partners is one of the region's largest medical groups with over 550 providers and 39 specialties, covering 32 counties with over 100 locations and is a physician-led medical group in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. -- What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It---s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve. Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team. Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement. Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare---s toughest challenges. -- What You Will Do: Performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation. Responsibilities:
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: A. Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. B. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life. C. Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. D. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. E. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. F. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of ultrasound procedures which may include vascular, general, and echocardiographic. All other duties as assigned. If you---re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. The qualifications you will need: Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Heart Saver AED--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Must have or be board-eligible for one of the following: RDMS, RT(S), RT(VS), RVS, or RVT obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Must have 1 of the following or be board eligible:
RDMS, ARRT-S, ARRT-VS, RVS, RVT, RCS, or RDCS.-- STHe has a 365 day grace period from date of hire or transfer date to obtain certification or course completion. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited educational program in Sonography required or be registry-eligible Work Experience:
- Two (2) years experience in medical field preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.-- Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.-- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Share: -->
Keywords: Saint Thomas, TN, Smyrna , Ultrasonographer, Healthcare , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!