Lactation Consultant Nurse Part Time
Company: TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
Posted on: May 19, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
StoneCrest Medical Center- Smyrna, TN
Lactation Consultant Registered Nurse (RN)
Part Time 24 hours/week
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Lactation Consultant Experience Required
IBCLC Certification required prior to hire
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and
improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that
caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we
serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction
scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth,
and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide
annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including
being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are
you looking for an employer with many different career options and
a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA at a
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy-
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* New Extended Family Leave
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Hundreds of consumer discounts
* Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this Facility:
TriStar StoneCrest proudly serves Rutherford County Tennessee and
surrounding communities. Our 109-bed hospital offers complete
medical care for adults and children, including emergency,
surgical, maternity, imaging, cardiology, neurology, orthopaedic,
physical medicine, sleep medicine and oncology services. Our
medical staff of about 500 physicians includes more than 45
specialties. Many of our physicians have offices on or near the
hospital campus. Our entire staff is committed to providing quality
and safe patient care while offering compassion and comfort in our
About this opportunity:
The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope
of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic
communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe therapeutic
environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the
individual needs of the patient. Plans individualized patient care
utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Participates in
performance improvement activities. Provides care and coordinates
participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission and
The Lactation consultant will work with new mothers on maternity
floor as well as lead breastfeeding support group and teach
breastfeeding classes at facility.
* Serves as clinical expert for lactation and breastfeeding.
* Provides in-depth, individual assistance for mothers and families
experiencing routine or complex circumstances associated with
lactation and breastfeeding.
* Encourages the support of breastfeeding through patient
consultation and education.
* Assists with implementation of current, evidence-based
breastfeeding policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development,
assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to
the ages of patients served per scope of service.
* Promotes customer service initiatives.
* Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
* Current Tennessee RN license
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider or must be
acquired within 90 days of hire
* Current IBCLC certification required prior to hire.
You are encouraged to apply today as interviews are being set
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center, Smyrna , Lactation Consultant Nurse Part Time, Healthcare , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!