Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Posted on: July 27, 2022
Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future?
Join Valeo and revolutionize the comfort and well-being of all
- Manage the APZ under his/her responsibility, in respect to the
objectives assigned by the APU Manager.
- Be responsible for production in terms of SQCDM and targets
- Be responsible for animating and managing the teams in terms of
TQ, IP & VPS.
- Lead continuous improvement of his/her perimeter.
- Spend most of time genba and ensure that work standards and
rules are applied in its perimeter.Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for induction of all newcomers in his/her
perimeter (temporaries included).
- Ensure the organization and scheduling of training
- Analyse flexibility and multiskills needs of his/her APZ, and
define training plans in order to develop team autonomy and
- Monitor certification process for each operator and update in
real time flexibility grid.
- Manage daily: absenteeism, holidays, safety rules enforcement,
environment risk analysis, APZ communication & performance boards
- Ensure respect of standard stops (breaks, meetings) by checking
systematically on genba, and validate operators working time.
- Ensure that standards of reaction are applied with rigor (eg.
KOSU) and perform escalation according to standards.
- Follow up APZ main objectives in monthly meetings with all
people under his/her responsibility.
- Is responsible for personnel involvement and ensure a positive
- Conduct operators annual appraisals, as well as salary review
and career interviews.Maintain standards
- Perform OJT of his/her teams every day on standards
- Ensure enforcement of health, safety, environmental & site
rules for the APTs of its perimeter, and that anybody entering
his/her perimeter respect the rules and standards of his/her
- Ensure existence of updated working instructions for every
station, including reworks.
- Ensure respect of all working standards (safety, work
instructions, quality, 5S, respect of the product, OK start )
during the operations and propose/ implement improvements.
- Define work standards with the help of support functions and
- Ensure ERIM standards are properly deployed and used :
abnormalities detection (formalized on red tags), systematic
inspection & regular cleaning of equipment by team, 1st levels of
preventive maintenance, maintenance line QRQCs.
- Control regularly genba equipment performance (including cycle
time measurements, and microstoppages observation sessions), and
- Make regularly time-measurements with main MUDA seeking as per
KOSU implementation guide.
- Ensure that all displays of his/her perimeter (QCDM by APT,
QCDM & communication areas at APZ level) are updated at end of
shift, and make sure that workers have necessary material to do
- Propose every week APZ headcounts & organization to the APU
Manager, according to MPS.
- Ensure production, respecting SQCDM & inventory targets.
- In case a detected problem cannot be solved by the APT, assign
and check containment and corrective actions with APU support
functions and / or management.
- Review daily all QRAP of his/her perimeter.
- React in case of issue & escalate issues at APU level when
- Liaise with Supply Chain team on MPS daily priorities.
- Respect daily the MPS contract.
- In case of daily MPS respect deviation, take necessary measures
within the week, after validation by APU Manager, to have respected
weekly MPS at end of the week.
- Get involvement of support functions every time necessary to
solve as fast as possible the issues identified by APTs.
- Monitor shift QCDM and ensures QCDM boards are updated.
- Make reports defined by site.Manage Continuous Improvement
- Lead action plans to improve SQCDM performance (actual and
targets), in coherence with APU & Plant, including productivity
- Reach and maintain a dynamic and efficient Proposals of
- Participate to safety and environment risks reduction & lead
line Safety QRQC for cat. 7 safety issues.
- Contribute to new equipment and processes start ups.
- Lead Zoning evolution and improvements by his/her team.
- Participate to APU QRQC: Quality, DL efficiency, Maintenance,
prepare and come with necessary data for an efficient
- Pilot PDCA / FTA & Maintenance 5 WHYs on topics assigned by APU
Manager (Safety, Quality, KOSU-DL efficiency, Maintenance).
- Prepare LLC & Kaizen Cards.
- Lead VPS workshops (flow analysis - MUDA hunting, 5S, Hoshin,
TPM ...) and liaise with Site VPS Manager for training to
methodologies; Participate to weekly Site VPS committee, presenting
regularly genba the status
- of workshops he/she is leading.
- Liaise with support functions to facilitate improvement actions
within the APTs.
- Participate to budget preparation (headcounts, overheads,
investments, P-30) and manage the budget of
- his/her APZ.Promote the Valeo 5 axes in daily activities,
develop improvement plan on VPS, IP, TQ and reach assigned V5000
Let s talk about you!
Education / Training:
- Engineering degree or equivalent experienceProfessional
- Experience in manufacturing or process engineering, or beginner
with with previous training in manufacturing
- Automotive manufacturing experience a plus
- Hours are 2:30 pm- 11 pmOther Specifications:
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Genba (shop-floor)-oriented
Join us!Thanks to its strategy based on innovation, Valeo is at the
heart of the three revolutions that are revolutionizing the
automobile: the electrification of the vehicle, the advent of the
autonomous and connected vehicle, and the development of digital
mobility.Revolutions that Valeo has anticipated and that are today
synonymous with great career opportunities, including abroad! At
Valeo, innovation is driven by diversity, authenticity and the
energy of its talents. Would you like to live new technological and
human adventures? Join Valeo and its 111,600 employees in 33
Keywords: Valeo, Smyrna , Production Supervisor 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!