Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Our values start with our people, join a team that values
We are the nation's largest off-price retailer with over 2,000
stores, and a strong track record of success and growth. Our focus
has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of
high-quality brands and on-trend merchandise at extraordinary
savings. All while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt
As part of our team, you will experience:
- Success. Our winning team pursues excellence while learning and
- Career growth. We develop industry leading talent because Ross
grows when our people grow
- Teamwork. We work together to solve the hard problems and find
the right solution
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and our
community. We celebrate the backgrounds, identities, and ideas of
those who work and shop with us because our differences make us
stronger. We strive to be a positive force in our community.Our
Corporate headquarters are in Dublin, CA, we have 3 buying offices
in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, and 7
distribution centers nationwide. With 2022 revenues of $18.7
billion, we are a Fortune 500 company who is committed to providing
an inclusive work environment with continuous learning
opportunities and development for our teams.
Come see what's in store:
The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is
responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as
the general operations and supervision of the Store when
functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are
responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising
Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment.
They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean
work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for
executing and supervising Company operational processes as
Maintaining Safe & Secure Environments:
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to
create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices
to Store Leadership.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit
control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash
removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily
function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention,
accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to
after-hours alarms when requested.Customer Service:
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
programs.Personal and Store Brand
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company
Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code
at all times.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and
merchandised to standard.
- Responsible for daily trash removal.General Merchandising:
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company
standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per
Company best practice.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound
deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all
merchandise is processed.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and
processed to Company policy.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional
signing as needed.
- Responsible for re-wraps as needed.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness
Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes
maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor,
Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity
and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information and merchandise.
- Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained
- Conducts ??Code 50?? package inspections.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity
by minimizing steps and touches while working.Front End Supervision
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity
by minimizing steps and extra touches when working. Ensures
Associates are executing to Company standards at the Front
- Maintains pace, energy and ??presence?? at the Front End,
managing the line to expedite Customers wait time
- Trains and coach Associates on cash registers, shortage control
policies and other Front End procedures. To meet friendly and
- Controls Retail Associates? break schedule for backups, lunches
- Ensures all equipment is working properly.
- Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End
- Ensures go backs are expedited, properly scanned, security
tagged and ticketed.
- Teaches all Associates the ??Scan and Bag?? best practice.
- Ensures salability of merchandise on the Front End, aisle
tables, Men?s/Women?s 4-way features, and specialty racks.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Fitting
- Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted
for to Company policy.
- Ensures go-back compliance throughout the day. All merchandise
returned to the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned, nubbed and
security tagged as needed.Administrative Duties as Assigned by
- Ensures Cash pulls and bank deposits are conducted to Company
- Responsible for Front End control when needed. Understands and
adheres to the policies and procedures that refer to refund
approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in
safe, register Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch
edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission
and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & ExecutionQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly
used in retail environments.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and
PC as required.
Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and
moving around the Store.
Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry,
reach, and stoop.
Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.
Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
Associates who work Stockroom shifts: ability to regularly push,
pull and lift more than 20 lbs.
Stockroom Leads (where applicable)
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management?s
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company?s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Smyrna , Area Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!