Company: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Posted on: June 3, 2021
The purpose of this job is to set up, coordinate, organize,
prepare and plate food orders for the guests according to the
plating procedures and within ticket time standards; to maintain
quality control, kitchen and food storage and Health Department
guidelines and restock and clean up.
Essential Job Functions:
1 Sets up, stocks and organizes workstation at the beginning of
- Sets levels for production of food items.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores
them in proper containers.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, or
other kitchen equipment, tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using
- Performs other duties in all areas of the kitchen as
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and
- Knows cooking times for all items to ensure correct
- Organizes items for preparation in order to ensure accuracy of
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and
garnish of each plate.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstation during the day and at the end
of the day.
- Performs side duties including mixer, hoods, filters and other
line equipment, washing floors, organizing and cleaning storerooms,
and food production duties.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises
good judgment when dealing with guest situations and
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire,
according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with
general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and
turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.)
to and from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8
hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high
- Lifting up to 20 pounds to shoulder high
- Carrying up to 30 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the
ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladder and step stool
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in
this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other
duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
Keywords: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q, Smyrna , Line Cook, Other , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!