Are you looking to have fun while making a difference in
Who We Are
At Americare we make a difference in the everyday lives of
others and we are proud of the work we do. We have created
communities that embrace our team members like family. We have a
culture of recognition, empowerment and a side of fun. Our senior
living communities are places where excellence thrives and that we
call home. Americare has earned both the 2020 Customer Approved and
Employee Approved awards from Lincoln, Nebraska-based
healthcare-intelligence firm NRC Health! We provide competitive
compensation with annual performance wage rate increases.
A few of our benefit highlights:
- Access to wages daily
- Vaccines for employees
- Free meal per shift
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition assistance
- Vacation/Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- Free Professional Employee Coaching
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
- Advancement Opportunities
Interested in joining the Americare Family?
Browse our current job openings in your area.
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior
generations in America's heartland. We pride ourselves on being
resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible
decisions that are in the best interest of individual
Why belong with our Americare team?
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the
organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating
a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making
a difference in the lives they touch.Each individual facility is a
vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident
benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered
competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible
scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental
benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered
prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and
hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their
health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as
Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own
priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development.
Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved
Employee to care for physical and emotional needs of residents
in an Americare skilled or assisted living facility. Employee
provides residents with direct care to assure quality of life in a
home like environment while offering additional support to family
and visitors. Maintains professional behavior while functioning as
an interdisciplinary team member meeting state and federal
Administers personal care to residents and maintains resident's
medical record. Employee responds to a variety of resident needs
including answering call lights, bathing, dressing, personal
hygiene, monitoring and recording vital signs, monitoring and
recording food intake and output, transporting via wheel chair,
assisting with ambulation in a safe manner. Included is general
housekeeping such as changing linens and room organization.
Position includes turning, repositioning and providing proper body
alignment to prevent pressure sores and to aide in comfort of
resident. Employee is to assist and support professional nurses as
requested. Responsible to assist resident in obtaining quality of
life in a safe living environment and be supportive to resident's
family members while projecting professional behavior.
Training and Experience:
Minimal 18 years of age, ability to communicate effectively with
residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Required to follow
HIPAA guidelines and adhere to confidentiality of resident
information. Position requires accuracy in observation,
performance, reporting and documenting. Provide support to
supervising licensed nurse and administrator or director of
- Ability to recognize, provide and record physical and emotional
needs of resident.
- Possess ability to effectively communicate verbally and written
regarding resident needs.
- Possess ability to effectively communicate with supervisor,
peers, family members and visitors.
- Maintain resident confidentiality at all times and adhere to
- Ability to recognize and follow resident care plan and maintain
safe living environment by utilizing safety equipment and
communicating with charge staff any concerns
- Demonstrate professional behavior and performance as an
Category 1, possibility of exposure on daily basis. Required use
of personal protective equipment
- Provide personal care to residents
- Ability to provide direct physical and emotional care to
resident including, but not limited to, personal hygiene,
transferring, lifting, maintain records, confidentiality and
assistance with activities of daily living.
- Recognize and report in a timely manner any change in resident
condition to charge staff.
- Support co-workers by providing assistance as needed or
requested in resident care.
- Accurately observe record and report resident care, condition
or needs as well as concerns.
- Report in timely manner any accidents or incidents involving
residents, staff, visitors.
- Assist co-workers with admission or discharge of residents
through documentation or tasks.
- Communicate through "report" to staff on preceding and oncoming
- Must be able to work independently or with peers to provide
care of residents. Must be able to work eight (8) hour shift unless
otherwise designated by supervisor. Must be able to provide first
aid as needed. In assisted living facilities employee must be able
to work independent of direct supervision.
- Provide housekeeping duties including cleaning of common areas
and resident rooms.
- Answer phone, greet visitors and provide tour of facility when
- Demonstrate ability to apply restorative nursing/ therapy
techniques to assist resident to their best health potential.
- If designated to transport residents to appointments or
activities a valid driver's license and ability to meet company
requirements related to driving.
We offer employees access to wages on demand. Looking for the
right person to provide person centered care to the elderly in a
loving, caring environment.