IT Support Engineer II
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Posted on: July 18, 2021
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for
our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver
tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide,
every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon
Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for
self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate
teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we
take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT
infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new
Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by
delivering packages directly to them
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer II, you will use your technical knowledge
and specialized skills to support, build, implement, and improve
technology solutions. You are able to manage large projects with
minimal guidance that affect multiple locations in a region. You
are able to resolve customer issues in time of crisis to get them
working again. You are actively expanding your scope of knowledge
by learning about software design patterns, data structures, AWS
technologies and distributed systems concepts.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching
401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait
there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because
jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be
your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Troubleshooting difficult IT problems without SOPs Planning and
coordinating CMs and CM templates.
· Collaborating with internal teams or vendors to execute projects.
Leading continuous improvement efforts.
· Auditing the quality of work performed and provide constructive
feedback when necessary.
· Automating manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help
make team operations more efficient.
· Serving as the first point of escalation.
· Participating in hiring, training and development of others.
· Moving up to 49 lbs as well as standing and walking during shifts
lasting 12 hours.
· Traveling up to 25% of the time.
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 3+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service
· 4+ years of hands on IT systems or relevant experience in a
commercial production environment
· 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS,
DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· 4+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft
Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
· 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user
high availability environment
· 4+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment,
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
· Industry relevant certifications such as: CompTIA A+, CompTIA
Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems Ability to
explain complex IT concepts in simple terms Excellent written and
verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage high priority projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com Services LLC, Smyrna , IT Support Engineer II, Other , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!