Customer Orders Associate
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
- Allocate orders for processing and timely shipment to our
- Essential Functions
- Must comply with all EH&S regulations for the protection of
the environment and maintain safe working conditions.
- Policies, procedures, and work instructions must be adhered to
for quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Allocate specific customer orders, utilizing their web site,
along with rush orders from St. Louis Customer Service and provide
shipping information when requested.
- Create daily Outbound shipping schedule for designated
- Send Automated Shipping Notice (ASN) via customer's web
- Allocate/print orders for various customers.
- Create pick lists as required by customers.
- Provide management with system generated data as
- Liaison between Federal-Mogul and various parcel contractors.
- UPS, Fed Ex, DHL
- Create facility's purchase orders for supplies.
- Maintain Outbound supplies
- Boxes, labels, and other supplies as needed.
- Correspond with customers or internal associates regarding
schedule changes or requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Perform basic math functions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization in a
- High level of computer competency with Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook), and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Work independently and possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to handle the pressure of deadlines, coupled with
- Ability to become familiar with operating practices of a
- Employee must be certified in-house to operate powered
industrial vehicles, if applicable.
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The
employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms,
and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be exposed to heights up
to 30 feet. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme
cold including climates consistent with outside weather
- High school diploma or GED.
- Advanced computer skills required
- SAP and WMS software a plus.
- Prior Customer Service experience preferred.
- Revision History
Changes are listed most recent first.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Smyrna , Customer Orders Associate, Other , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!