Posted on: November 19, 2023
- Maintain dock and yard organization in regard to dock
equipment, tractors, trailers and dolly equipment.
- Essential Functions
- Must comply with all EH&S regulations for the protection of
the environment and maintain safe working conditions.
- Policies, procedures, and work instructions must be adhered to
for quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage dock operations in regard to load quality
- Transfer trailers between dock doors or on the yard for
maximize space and productivity.
- Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor or yard truck.
- Ensure the trailer has been properly secured to the building,
i.e. chocked, locked
- Load and unload trailer with mechanical freight handling
equipment as required.
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating conditions.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and
procedures and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations
for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using work devices,
such as hand-trucks, powered industrial trucks, or sorting
- Record shipment data such as weight, charges, space
availability, damages, and discrepancies for reporting, accounting,
and record keeping purposes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Ability to safely and legally operate commercial motor vehicle
- Ability to handle the pressure of deadlines, coupled with
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Employee will be certified in-house to operate powered
industrial vehicles, if applicable.
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The
employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms,
and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be exposed to heights up
to 30 feet. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme
cold including climates consistent with outside weather
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current CDL License and Health Card.
- Minimum 1 year of trailer moving experience.
- Must have LTL dock experience.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Keywords: Tenneco, Smyrna , Yard Switcher, Other , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!