Company: Worthington Industries, Inc
Posted on: December 4, 2019
SummaryThe primary role for the--Forklift Operator--is moving
material around the plant or work site with a forklift and/or crane
in order for production to run smoothly. In addition, this role may
package/band, weigh, and load/unload material from machines and
stage material in a timely and accurate manner. This--Forklift
Operator--is responsible for building arbors and setting up
machines for use as well as performing multiple tasks throughout
the day to ensure safe and quality production. This position
requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to
perform the duties to the highest standard.Responsibilities
- Moves material around plant using a forklift and/or crane for
producing, finishing, packaging, or shipping the customer
- Ensures areas are supplied with parts and removes finished
skids to warehouse or paint line.
- Moves and stages material as scheduled for optimum machine
- Provides machine support by emptying scrap tubs and ensuring
lines are cleared of finished product.
- Locates material into finished goods as needed.
- May be responsible for basic test line operation.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Tracks orders and tags.
- Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper
packaging and skidding.
- May perform finishing duties.
- Performs setup of valve and burn off operations.
- Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe,
efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when
- Other duties as assigned.Desired Experience
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to
stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Can operate banding tools
- Can read a tape measure
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems --- detect
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow detailed
instructions on productions and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and or
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Oral and written communication skills --- including legible
- 0-6 months prior experience
- Required OSHA safety training
- Forklift and crane license
- Must have valid driver---s licenseEducationHigh School Diploma
or equivalent?Company InformationWorthington Industries operates
under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden
Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first
corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for
nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they?re our
employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We?re looking for
individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us
continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership
and unique talents.Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global
metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including
automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and
many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80
facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect
of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of
approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized
by FORTUNE magazine as a ?Most Admired Company? and four times as a
?100 Best Companies to Work For.?Worthington Industries Inc., and
its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color,
religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran?s
status.?Alternate Locations: ?
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global company that
processes steel for use in the automotive, construction, hardware,
aerospace and many other industries. Our family of 10,000 employees
in 82 facilities throughout 11 countries has helped us earn the
respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With
systems developed to conform to international standards for
quality, environmental management and occupational health and
safety, we consistently rank at the top of the Jacobson &
Associates Survey, which ranks customer satisfaction among major
steel suppliers. With sales of approximately $3 billion annually,
our company is North America's premier value-added steel processor
and a leader in manufactured pressure cylinders, such as propane,
oxygen and helium tanks, hand torches, refrigerant and industrial
cylinders, camping cylinders, compressed natural gas storage
cylinders and scuba tanks; framing systems and stairs for mid-rise
buildings; engineered cabs for earthmoving equipment; steel pallets
and racks.Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing
corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money
for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market
leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people
first, whether they---re our employees, shareholders, customers or
suppliers. We---re looking for individuals who share our
people-first philosophy and can help us continually innov
Keywords: Worthington Industries, Inc, Smyrna , Forklift Operator, Professions , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!