Help Desk Support Technician
Company: Project Worldwide
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The IT Help Desk Support Technician is primarily responsible for
providing excellent customer service and support in a responsive,
respectful manner to end users on various computer issues.
Additionally, installs and maintains computer hardware, software,
printers, and other peripherals.
This position provides support to end users on a variety of
- Monitors the Help Desk incident tracking system to respond to
problems identified by users in a timely manner.
- Supports and maintains laptop and desktop computers
- Takes user requests over the telephone, e-mail, and documents
all the Help Desk incident tracking system issues.
- Identifies, researches, resolves, or escalates technical
- Troubleshoots, resolves, or escalates hardware and software
problems proactively or as identified by users.
- Installs, configures, and maintains desktop, laptop hardware,
- Instructs users in the use of equipment and software.
- Identifies and resolves system security issues to include
antivirus, spyware & system software updates.
- Supports and maintains voice communications systems.
- Provides support for audio-visual equipment.
- Aid and support IT department as needed.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Strong business skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills (i.e. debugging and
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and G Suite applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with end users to
meet appropriate deadlines
- Strong communication skills (oral and written); the ability to
communicate technical material in a non-technical manner to be
understood by the end user community
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of desktop and notebook configuration in a
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft operating system(s) (Windows
- Strong understanding of the most recent macOS versions
- Minimum two years Help Desk Support experience
Non-Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exposure to network operating systems and basic networking
- Knowledge of the following Microsoft Server operating systems,
Lotus Notes, Microsoft Active Directory end-user administration, JD
Edwards, Cisco IP Telephony, Jamf, Apple Business Manager, Carbon
Black, and Service-Now.
At Project, each person is unique in their background - ability,
age, race, gender, orientation, religion, status, and viewpoint -
and is an essential thread in the fabric of our family of agencies.
Project Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer where every one
of our people has the right to work in an environment that is
respectful, safe, and gives them space to be their authentic
selves. That is our philosophy and therefore our pledge: to build
this mindset into our culture, our day-to-day practices, and
ultimately our work on behalf of our clients.by Jobble
Keywords: Project Worldwide, Smyrna , Help Desk Support Technician, Professions , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!