Avionics Installation Technician
Company: HQ Aero Management
Posted on: May 17, 2023
AVIONICS INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced AVIONICS
INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS in SMYRNA, TN
- The Avionics Install Lead, under minimal supervision, removes
and installs avionics equipment and electrical components,
fabricates wire harnesses and terminations, troubleshoots
installations, and completes functional testing of avionics and
electrical systems. In this role, the Install Lead performs basic
sheet metal tasks, such as drilling, riveting, and operates basic
sheet metal hand tools. Also, may perform painting and finish work
on instrument panels.
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a general aviation
aircraft modification/completion shop is required.
- FAA Mechanic / Repairman's Certificate with Airframe and
Powerplant Ratings and/or FAA Licensed Pilot, preferably with an
Instrument Rating is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of successful avionics installation, repair or
maintenance experience - preferably as a lead, supervisor or
manager - with deep knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Client,
Avidyne, Aspen Avionics, Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics
brands is preferred.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Basic tools for heavy maintenance environment (Roll a Way
- Ability to pass DOT background check.
- Criminal Background Check & Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol
screening checks are mandatory.
- Contract to Hire (after 180 days) or Direct Hire positions
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring
diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Wire, install, test, and verify operation of avionics equipment
and accessories; identify and correct electronics failures in
various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical
documents, and technical reference materials; all the while
communicating with co-workers and in some cases with manufacturers
in a timely, effective way.
- Modify existing instrument panels or fabricate new panels;
fabricate equipment shelves as required; and fabricate and install
other hardware to support and enable aviation electronics
- Assure that installations are done in accordance with
procedures described in the company's FAA Repair Station Manual as
well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good
decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting
and discrepancy resolution - all in order to maximize quality and
efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in
using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and
within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected by the incumbent. - It is not designed to cover or contain
a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. - The incumbent may be asked to perform
other duties as required.
Keywords: HQ Aero Management, Smyrna , Avionics Installation Technician, Professions , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...