Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate
Company: Amazon Warehouse
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse AssociateJob OverviewYoull be
part of the dedicated Amazon team that is the first stop on the
journey from the warehouse. Our fast-paced, physical roles take
place in a sortation center. You will be sorting, scanning, and
stacking packages on pallets, helping to get customer orders ready
for delivery. Because most of the shifts are part-time, you are in
control of your schedule choose shifts that work best for you now
and adjust your schedule in the future, as needed.Duties &
ResponsibilitiesSome of your duties may include:
- Receive and sort inventory
- Get customer orders ready for delivery
- Use technology like scanners, computers, and handheld
printersYou'll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where
applicable)What its like at an Amazon Sortation Center
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide
protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. Youll be working around moving machines order
pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for
long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary
between 60F and 90F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days,
temperatures can be over 90F in the truck yard or inside
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing
protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety.
Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required and protective safety
footwear are required in select business units. Depending on the
role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards
the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first
day on the job.Why You'll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule flexibility. Depending on where you work, schedules
may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or
part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working
additional hours if needed. Learn more about .
- Shift options. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include
overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even
have four-day workweeks and three-day weekends. Find out more about
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your
earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups).
Learn more about .
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our
employees and offer a variety of free training and development
programs, and we also have tuition support options for select
employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, youll learn how
to use the latest Amazon technology including handheld devices and
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support
each other.Why You'll Love Amazon Many of our jobs come with great
benefits including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the
future, and opportunities for career advancement all in a safe and
inclusive environment thats been ranked among the best workplaces
in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work
schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance ProgramLearn more about Amazon and
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to
understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety
guidelinesHow To Get StartedYou can begin by applying above. If you
need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring
process, you can find support here: .If you have a disability and
need an accommodation during the application and hiring process,
including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a
request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit or contact the
Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by
phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4
p.m. PT. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or
other legally protected status. RequiredPreferredJob
Keywords: Amazon Warehouse, Smyrna , Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate, Professions , Arrington, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!