Material Handler - Outbound
Posted on: November 19, 2023
- Warehouse Material Handlers perform the tasks of receiving,
storing, and preparing bulk automotive parts for distribution to
- Receive product into the facility from internal and external
sources, store product in designated warehouse locations, process
customer orders and prepare finished goods for shipment.
- Essential Functions
- Must comply with all EH&S regulations for the protection of
the environment and maintain safe working conditions.
- Policies, procedures, and work instructions must be adhered to
for quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Load, unload, and move materials and finished goods throughout
the warehouse primarily using powered industrial equipment.
- Unload product from trailers/containers and receive into
- Put product away in designated warehouse locations.
- Obtain customer orders and pick appropriate parts by item
number / barcode and quantity.
- Prepare and secure customer orders for shipment, via parcel or
- Secure finished goods and load into trailers for distribution
to aftermarket customers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, and fully comprehend instructions and
communication in English.
- Exercise maximum efficiency while maintaining all quality
- Ability to maintain department productivity standards.
- Must be certified in-house to safely operate powered industrial
- Ability to operate and understand the RF Scanner
- Operate stretch wrapper to secure product.
- Utilize common hand tools (i.e. box knife).
- Ability to work closely with other employees.
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The
employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms,
and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be exposed to heights up
to 30 feet. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme
cold including climates consistent with outside weather
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer aptitude
- Prior warehouse or distribution experience preferred
- Revision History
Changes are listed most recent first.
Keywords: Tenneco, Smyrna , Material Handler - Outbound, Professions , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!