CDL-A Dedicated Local Truck Driver - NIS - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus - Home Daily! - Smyrna
Company: averitt express inc
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through January 31, 2019! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Averitt has immediate openings for Dedicated CDL-A Drivers to help serve our automotive manufacturing customer located in Smyrna, Tennessee!
This exceptional CDL-A driving career entails:
- Make nighttime deliveries of automotive parts to the customer's automobile plant from suppliers within a 200-mile radius of Smyrna.
- Since this is--a--local position, you can expect to be--home daily
- Start times are route specific and will be assigned on your 1st day
- This is a night shift position; start times will vary but typically between 4pm-1am
- Average shift is 9-11 hours per shift
- Routes run 5 days a week with Sat. & Sun. work as required by customer
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is $17.50 / hour; top out of $18 / hour is reached within 6 months.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a--$4,800 tuition assistance bonus!--Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.--
Trainee:--If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience--OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at $17.50 / hour.
Check out the many benefits of being an Averitt CDL-A driver:
Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company-provided professional uniforms----
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, meals, and transportation
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must live within a 100 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 844-823-6148, we're available Monday - Friday from 7 am to 7pm & Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm CST.
Keywords: averitt express inc, Smyrna , CDL-A Dedicated Local Truck Driver - NIS - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus - Home Daily! - Smyrna, Professions , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!