Cashier/Sales Associate (NOW HIRING 16 YEARS AND OLDER) Incentive
Company: Ross Dress For Less
Posted on: November 17, 2021
$1,000 SIGN ON BONUSPlease Apply using this link:
PURPOSE: The Cashier Associate is responsible for ensuring our
Customers have a positive shopping experience. The Associate makes
eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a courteous and
friendly manner, treats fellow Associates with respect, efficiently
follows all company best practice standards as outlined in all work
centers, and ensures proper merchandise presentation. The Retail
Associate is expected to be engaged in these tasks as assigned
during all working hours, and will be expected to perform a range
of functions in all areas of the Store as business needs require.
The Associate may be requested to perform additional tasks in
specific situations, if performance of these tasks will help
achieve our Customer service and operational goals.ESSENTIAL
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to
create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
Maintains clutter free, clear egress to emergency exits.
Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices
to Store Leadership.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect and courtesy;
is friendly and professional at all times. Recognizes fellow
Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Assists Customers in any way necessary - is register-trained,
assists Customers with merchandise, and answers Customer questions
in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all Customers by
making eye contact, smiling and saying "hello" throughout the Store
as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to Customers at all
times. Responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all
Customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of
the Store Leadership when needed.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, and adheres to the Company
dress code at all times.
- Performs daily assigned sizing and recovery per company best
practice to ensure a neat, clean and organized store that is
well-maintained and efficiently merchandised to standards.
- Expedites newly received merchandise receipts to the sales
floor with a sense of urgency, merchandising all items per company
best practice to the monthly presentation guidelines and
maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments
to assist Customers.
- Understands the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the Shortage
Highway, the Store Protection Specialist (SPS) position (where
applicable), and merchandise protection standards.
- As a representative of Ross Inc., demonstrates integrity and
honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information, and merchandise.
- Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock (MOS) policies, including the
identification of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece
and the notification of Store Leadership to review and approve all
- Follows all policies and procedures concerning cash, check,
charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures.
Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to efficiently perform their
role. Maximizes productivity by executing all Store best practices
and minimizing steps and touches in their work flow.COMPETENCIES:
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- ComposureQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Effectively communicate with Customers, Associates and Store
Leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly
used in retail environments.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers
and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb,
carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
- Associates who work Stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly
push, pull and lift more than 20 pounds.*SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:*NonePLEASE APPLY USING THIS LINK:
Types: Full-time, Part-timePay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Signing bonusWork Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Ross Dress For Less, Smyrna , Cashier/Sales Associate (NOW HIRING 16 YEARS AND OLDER) Incentive, Sales , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!